Careers at RCIL
The RCIL mission is to ensure a fully accessible, integrated society that enables full participation by people with disabilities.
We know from experience that one size does not fit all. We recognize that most people—regardless of disability—need some sort of accommodation (for instance, an ergonomic keyboard or part-time job sharing), and everyone needs flexibility, whether it's to pick up kids at day care or to attend an unexpected doctor's appointment.
Who fits in best at RCIL?
As one of the largest independent living centers in the nation, RCIL is at the forefront of the disability rights movement. We welcome and appreciate diversity in all its forms. Our staff are creative self-starters who are good at building relationships and juggling multiple priorities—independent, yet able to work on a team of dedicated individuals.
What's RCIL like to work for?
Whatever your career goal, RCIL is an agency large enough for your dreams. We persistently look for people of passion and imagination to help bring us to new levels.
Employment at RCIL is synonymous with growth. Our employees can expect they will sharpen their talents, and embrace new capabilities and challenges. Our executive director's open door policy sets the tone for the entire agency—employees are encouraged to attend training and education and to constantly expand their knowledge base. Rather than being expected to keep quiet and surrender to barriers within the human service delivery system, they are urged to rock the boat, start debate, and to help make positive change. To achieve this end, advocacy is written into every employee's job description, regardless of position.
Because we look to attract the very best people, we believe they deserve the very best support. We are committed to be an employer of choice, and we offer competitive compensation, rewards and benefits.
What is your passion? With our leadership and presence throughout New York State, RCIL may be the place where you can have the career you always wanted.
Current Job Opportunities
- Executive Director - Utica, NY
- Account Clerk - Utica, NY
- Procurement/AP Manager - Utica, NY
- Community Habilitation Staff - Chittenango, NY
- Service Coordinator - Utica, NY
- Service Coordinator Team Leader - Amsterdam, NY
- Bilingual Service Coordinator - Amsterdam, NY
- Disability Coordinator/Service Coordinator with a focus on special education – North Country – Watertown, NY
- Personal Care Aide (PCA). Hourly position – Utica, Rome, Herkimer, Clinton NY
- Community Habilitation Staff: Varied hours, Utica and surrounding areas, Saratoga, Albany and Troy NY
Benefits at RCIL are some of the best in the industry, and include the following selection:*
- Health Insurance -- RCIL pays a generous portion of the health insurance premiums for both individual and family coverage. Coverage begins the first of the month following the date of hire.
- Dental Insurance -- RCIL pays the premium for individual coverage and a portion of the premium for family coverage. Coverage begins the first of the month following the date of hire (full-time employees only).
- Retirement Plan -- A voluntary 401(k) plan that allows employees to contribute a portion of their salaries on a tax-deferred basis. Additionally, for eligible employees, RCIL may make a discretionary profit sharing contribution.
- Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment -- Following six months of active employment, RCIL pays the premium for both group term life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance. Life insurance coverage is equal to the employee's annual salary. Employees may also purchase Supplemental Life and AD&D insurance.
- Vacation Time -- Employees accrue one equivalent workday per month. Employees may begin using vacation time following six months of active employment. Employees are also granted one additional vacation day for each year of service (up to eight years of service) on their anniversary.
- Personal Time -- RCIL awards a prorated number of hours per year at the time of hire and on the employee's anniversary.
- Sick Time -- Employees accrue one equivalent workday per month, with sick time accruing up to a prorated number of hours.
- Holidays -- RCIL grants up to eleven paid holidays per year.
- Continuing Education Stipend -- Employees may be reimbursed for a portion of the tuition at an accredited university (full-time employees only).
- Cafeteria Plan -- Employees have the ability to choose among the following options:
- Premium Conversion Accounts -- Employees can pay their health and dental insurance premiums with pretax dollars.
- Medical Reimbursement Flexible Spending Accounts -- Employees can set aside pretax dollars for qualified medical expenses.
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts -- Employees can set aside pretax dollars for child or parental day care expenses.
- Credits -- Employees who waive participation in the health and dental plans receive credits that may be used to purchase other benefits (full-time employees only).
- Short-term Disability Insurance -- RCIL pays the premium for short-term disability insurance. Employees may also purchase Supplemental Short-Term Disability insurance.
- Long-term Disability Insurance -- Following six months of active employment, RCIL pays the premium for Long-Term Disability insurance.
* Exact benefits and eligibility will vary depending on the category of the position, number of hours worked, and employee selections at time of hire.
Consumer Directed Forms/Medical Forms
How to Apply For A Position:
The quickest way to apply for a job opening is to apply on-line by completing a job application available here in PDF format or complete this online application. Applications may also be found at any RCIL location. Cover letters and resumes may be submitted to email@example.com or mailed to the address below:
Attn: Human Resources
Resource Center for Independent Living
P.O. Box 210
409 Columbia St.
Utica, NY 13503-0210