Careers at RCIL
RCIL believes that every one of us is entitled to equality and human dignity. We promote and achieve excellence through consumer-controlled, self-directed services. As one of the largest independent living centers in the nation, RCIL is also at the forefront of the disability rights movement.
What makes RCIL different?
We welcome and appreciate diversity in all forms. We know from experience that one size does not fit all.
Our staff are creative, self-starters who build relationships and juggle multiple priorities: independent, yet able to work on a team of dedicated individuals.
Rather than being expected to keep quiet and surrender to barriers within the human service system, our staff are urged to rock the boat, start debate, and to make positive change. To achieve that end, employees are expected to advocate, regardless of position.
Our leadership, reputation and significant presence throughout New York State enables us to offer career opportunities and experiences that are ample enough to meet career goals and your dreams.
RCIL employment is synonymous with growth. Our employees can expect to sharpen their talents, and embrace new capabilities and challenges.
Because we look to attract the very best, we are committed to offering competitive compensation, promotional opportunities, rewards and benefit packages.
We look forward to speaking with you!
Current Job Opportunities
- Account Clerk (Payroll/Purchasing) - Utica, NY
- MSC Team Lead - Amsterdam, NY
- Activities Specialist - Utica, NY
- AHIC Scheduler - Utica, NY
- Administrative Assistant for Advocacy - Utica, NY
- Self Direction Startup Support Broker - Amsterdam, NY
- Self Direction Startup Support Broker - Utica, NY
- Staff Attorney - Utica, NY
- Self-Direction Coordinator - Utica, NY
- Community Employment Specialist - Utica, NY
- Finance Liaison (Self-Direction) - Utica, NY
- Disability Rights Advocate (Eligibility Specialist) - Utica, NY
- Adult Day Services Program Aid - Utica, NY
- Home & Community Support Staff (Central NY) - Muliple Areas
- Home & Community Support Staff (Capitol Region) - Muliple Areas
- Certified Personal Care Assistant - Multiple Areas
- PCA Training Class - Utica, NY
Full Time Positions
Part Time Positions
Benefits at RCIL are some of the best in the industry, and include the following selection:*
- Health Insurance -- RCIL pays a generous portion of the health insurance premiums for both individual and family coverage. Coverage begins the first of the month following the date of hire.
- Dental Insurance -- RCIL pays the premium for individual coverage and a portion of the premium for family coverage. Coverage begins the first of the month following the date of hire (full-time employees only).
- Retirement Plan -- A voluntary 401(k) plan that allows employees to contribute a portion of their salaries on a tax-deferred basis. Additionally, for eligible employees, RCIL may make a discretionary profit sharing contribution.
- Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment -- Following six months of active employment, RCIL pays the premium for both group term life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance. Life insurance coverage is equal to the employee's annual salary. Employees may also purchase Supplemental Life and AD&D insurance.
- Vacation Time -- Employees accrue one equivalent workday per month. Employees may begin using vacation time following six months of active employment. Employees are also granted one additional vacation day for each year of service (up to eight years of service) on their anniversary.
- Personal Time -- RCIL awards a prorated number of hours per year at the time of hire and on the employee's anniversary.
- Sick Time -- Employees accrue one equivalent workday per month, with sick time accruing up to a prorated number of hours.
- Holidays -- RCIL grants up to eleven paid holidays per year.
- Continuing Education Stipend -- Employees may be reimbursed for a portion of the tuition at an accredited university (full-time employees only).
- Cafeteria Plan -- Employees have the ability to choose among the following options:
- Premium Conversion Accounts -- Employees can pay their health and dental insurance premiums with pretax dollars.
- Medical Reimbursement Flexible Spending Accounts -- Employees can set aside pretax dollars for qualified medical expenses.
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts -- Employees can set aside pretax dollars for child or parental day care expenses.
- Credits -- Employees who waive participation in the health and dental plans receive credits that may be used to purchase other benefits (full-time employees only).
- Short-term Disability Insurance -- RCIL pays the premium for short-term disability insurance. Employees may also purchase Supplemental Short-Term Disability insurance.
- Long-term Disability Insurance -- Following six months of active employment, RCIL pays the premium for Long-Term Disability insurance.
* Exact benefits and eligibility will vary depending on the category of the position, number of hours worked, and employee selections at time of hire.
Consumer Directed Forms/Medical Forms
- 2015 Payroll Calendar
- W-4 2014 Federal Withholding Form
- IT-2104 2015 State Withholding Form
- Payroll Authorization Form
- Employee change Form
- Mantoux/ TB test Form
- Self Health Assessment Form
- Symptoms Check Form
Required Policies and Acknowledgements
How to Apply For A Position:
The quickest way to apply for a job opening is to apply on-line. Cover letters and resumes may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the address below:
Attn: Human Resources
Resource Center for Independent Living
P.O. Box 210
409 Columbia St.
Utica, NY 13503-0210
For assistance with the online application process please email: email@example.com