Direct Support Professional (Central, NY)
Utica, New York
To provide assistance and training to individuals with disabilities
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in and teach activities including cooking, cleaning, shopping, money management, transferring and providing transportation.
- Implement the goals outlined in the service plan.
- Complete and submit case notes as required.
- Observe consumer for any unusual physical or behavioral changes and report to the Habilitation Coordinator.
- Provide own transportation to and from consumers’ home.
- Submit travel in a timely fashion for reimbursement.
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain confidentiality of all work related information
- Act in a manner consistent with the Independent Living Philosophy
- Complete HCSS Basic Training upon being hired and annually as needed.
Work Experience Requirements (minimum)
Experience working with people with disabilities preferred.
Education Requirements (minimum)
High School diploma or GED Preferred.
Hourly Wage- $12.00
RCIL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.