The Director LIFE NYS will oversee and maintain the work flow of the Utica Advocacy Department at LIFE at RCIL.
Duties and Responsibilities will include the following principle functions of the position (they are not intended to encompass all duties):
- Hire, direct, supervise, train, evaluate and terminate staff.
- In collaboration with the Finance department, develop annual budget and monitor fiscal performance.
- Network with other agencies, organizations and businesses.
- Must be actively involved in Civil Rights and Agency activities.
- Must be actively involved with Advocacy processes, meetings and events.
- Meet with media as necessary and hold press conferences as needed.
- Meet with legislators to enact change in support of disability rights; local, state, etc.
The successful candidate will have knowledge of:
- Strategic planning,
- Laws and systems related to individuals with disabilities,
- Mental health system,
- Social Security,
- Work incentives,
- Entitlement Programs,
- ACCES-VR, and
- Supportive employment.
Spanish fluency is a plus.
Required skills include, but aren't limited to:
- Oral and written communication,
- Team participation,
- Responsiveness to working with a diverse population,
- Public speaking,
- Community networking, and