Starting Pay Rate: $17.44 per hour ($18.31 if bilingual)
- Flexible work schedule menu to include the ability to work: a four-day work week, nine-day biweekly schedule with a three-day weekend every other week, or a typical five-day work schedule.
- 16 annual vacation days, 12 annual sick days, and 11 annual paid holidays
- 401K 6% match
- Heavily subsidized health/vision/dental insurance
- Additional benefits available
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Communicate with health insurance companies related to authorizations of services.
- Process, maintain documentation, and ensure the accuracy of incoming program referrals and authorizations.
- Monitor and track ongoing authorizations and Medicaid eligibility.
- Contact authorizing source and program staff of expiring authorizations.
- Research, respond to, and correct errors with rosters and reauthorizations.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Fluency and proficiency (reading, writing, speaking) in a second language is preferred, but not required, for this position.
- One-to-two years of experience working with authorizations for services and insurance companies.
- Knowledge of Medicaid is highly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
COVID-19 vaccination is required for this position. RCIL will engage in the accommodation process when an exemption is requested.
RCIL is a civil rights organization that offers individuals with disabilities a wide range of independent living and advocacy services through the numerous programs we manage.
Travel Required: No
Location: Utica, NY
A hard copy of your resume and cover letter may also be forwarded to: RCIL, P.O. Box 210, Utica, NY 13503-0210, Attention: Recruitment.
It is the policy of RCIL to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance or accommodations to fully participate in the interview process, please contact the HR Recruiter at 315-272-2994. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a person’s disability.
RCIL promotes a scent/chemical free environment. To support this effort, we ask that all applicants refrain from wearing scented products while in the office.
RCIL is an equal opportunity employer and it is the policy of RCIL not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
It is RCIL’s policy and agency standard that all employees participate in advocacy for Civil Rights and Agency activities. Apply today to make a difference!