Human Resources Generalist
Starting Salary: $55,341
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Oversee the Agency insurance and leave management benefits.
- Manage Worker’s Compensation and Unemployment claims.
- An associate degree in a related field is required. A college degree in human resources is preferred. Pertinent human resource experience may be considered in lieu of education.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Three years of Human Resources experience preferred.
- A minimum of three years of supervisory experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Human Resource knowledge regarding ACA, insurance benefits, leave management benefits, worker’s compensation, unemployment claims, employee relation rules and employee records.
- Knowledge of DOL rules, and DOH and OPWDD regulations.
Benefits: RCIL offers a generous benefits package:
- 16 vacation annual days, 12 annual sick days, 11 annual paid holidays, parental leave, bereavement leave.
- 401K with a 6% match
- Heavily subsidized health/vision/dental insurance, basic /supplemental life insurance
- Additional benefits available (tuition reimbursement, EAP, etc.)
RCIL is a civil rights organization that offers individuals with disabilities a wide range of independent living and advocacy services through the numerous programs we manage.
RCIL is an equal opportunity employer, and it is the policy of RCIL not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
Travel Required: No
Location: Utica, NY
A hard copy of your resume and cover letter may also be forwarded to: RCIL, P.O. Box 210, Utica, NY 13503-0210, Attention: Recruitment.
It is the policy of RCIL to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance or accommodations to fully participate in the interview process, please contact the HR Recruiter at 315-272-2957. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a person’s disability.
RCIL promotes a scent/chemical free environment. To support this effort, we ask that all applicants refrain from wearing scented products while in the office.
RCIL is an equal opportunity employer and it is the policy of RCIL not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
It is RCIL’s policy and agency standard that all employees participate in advocacy for Civil Rights and Agency activities. Apply today to make a difference!