Chief Operating Officer
Resource Center for Independent (RCIL) is a not-for-profit organization headquartered in Utica, New York. It is comprised of three Independent Living Centers, a service organization and a LHCSA in the Mohawk Valley. In home services (CDPAP and SD) are provided throughout the state of New York. RCIL has a staff of approx. 3000 employees, the majority of whom work remotely.
Resource Center for Independent Living is looking to fill a Chief Operating Officer (COO) position. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer of RCIL, the COO serves as a key member of the leadership team and provides operational oversight to a large array of social service programs and services.
The COO oversees the daily operation of the organization and the development and implementation of existing and new programs and services and provides leadership to assure the achievement of Agency objectives.
The COO is responsible for leading and managing a comprehensive array of social service programs delivered in over 40 counties in New York State. The COO will be responsible for program planning, organization, operation, and staffing, developing, implementing, and managing the program aspects of the annual budget in conjunction with the Chief Financial Officer. Additionally, the COO has responsibility for ensuring that services follow all applicable federal, state, and private funding authorities’ laws and regulations, certifications, and licensing requirements. The COO directs activities pertaining to service delivery, grants, audits, personnel, staff training, and contracts.
- Provides day-to-day leadership and management that mirrors the mission and core values of the Agency.
- Assures compliance to and consistent application of laws, rules and regulations, company policies and procedures for all assigned areas.
- Works closely with the CEO to develop strategic plans, review relevant data and reports, organize planning and reviews, and approving major projects involving functional changes within the Agency’s Operational budget.
- Works closely with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Finance Division related to managing budgets and negotiating contracts.
- Works closely with the Chief Corporate Compliance Officer (CCCO) and the Compliance department to develop policies and practices that support the highest level of ethical service delivery within an innovative and high-growth environment. Creates risk mitigation strategies that support, and do not detract from a positive customer experience.
- Overall responsibility for facilitating the provision of services across the RCIL service area including new program initiatives.
- Develops policies and procedures for assigned areas.
- Tracks and monitors RCIL program performance to ensure key milestones/deliverables are successfully achieved.
- Provides timely, accurate, and complete reports on the operating condition of areas of responsibility. Regularly advises the Chief Executive Officer of the status of significant initiatives and programs and makes recommendations regarding enhancements or necessary corrective actions.
- Provides effective and inspiring leadership as well as stewardship of RCIL by maintaining active oversight and involvement in all programs and services.
- Promotes regular and ongoing opportunities for all staff to provide feedback on program operations.
- May be required to spearhead the implementation of new programs, services, and preparation of bid and grant proposals.
- Implements and leads a continuous quality improvement process throughout the programs and service areas, focusing on systems/process improvement and customer service.
- Lead a high performing team of program directors by developing and implementing recruitment, professional development, and retention strategies.
- Ensure that all program activities operate consistently and ethically within the mission and values of RCIL.
- Ensure the continued financial viability of RCIL program/service units through sound fiscal management.
- At least 10 years of professional experience with a minimum of five years of senior leadership experience supervising managers and operating multiple human service programs.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Advanced degree in Social/Human Services. Business Administration, in addition to social services education, is desirable.
- Strong relationship builder and communicator with experience leading diverse and spirited work teams. Ability to express thoughts in an organized and articulate manner.
- Experience in working with non-profit organizations and Board of Directors.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the Independent Living Movement and able to promote and clearly articulate and communicate the philosophy, mission, and values of the movement to various stakeholders.
- Experience in administering OPWDD and DOH programs preferred.
RCIL offers competitive compensation along with a significant benefits package.
How to Apply
Candidates may apply via our website at http://www.rcil.com, or may submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com or via mail to RCIL, P.O. Box 210, Utica, NY 13503-0210, Attention: Recruitment
RCIL is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen based on ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or other classifications in accordance with federal and state law.
A hard copy of your resume and cover letter may also be forwarded to: RCIL, P.O. Box 210, Utica, NY 13503-0210, Attention: Recruitment.
It is the policy of RCIL to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance or accommodations to fully participate in the interview process, please contact the HR Recruiter at 315-272-2957. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a person’s disability.
RCIL promotes a scent/chemical free environment. To support this effort, we ask that all applicants refrain from wearing scented products while in the office.
RCIL is an equal opportunity employer and it is the policy of RCIL not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
It is RCIL’s policy and agency standard that all employees participate in advocacy for Civil Rights and Agency activities. Apply today to make a difference!