Program Aide - Adult Day Services
Our Adult Day Services Program is looking for a new Program Aide to work with all participants including those who attend the Structured Day Program. The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Provide monitoring and oversight to ADS participants;
- Assist with meal preparation including set up and clean up ensuring each participant in the program is served the correct meal aligning with their specified diet plan;
- Assist participants with personal care including assistance with toileting and showers if needed;
- Assist participants with activities, daily living skills, and socialization;
- Assistant participants with escort to transportation and on-and-off transport vehicle along with doctor’s appointments, making phone calls, and getting on-and-off the bus;
- Ensure participants are taking medication when required while care plans, detail goal plans, and habilitation goal plans are being implemented on an ongoing basis; and
- Ensure that daily documentation is completed as assigned.
RCIL is a civil rights organization that offers individuals with disabilities a wide range of independent living and advocacy services through the numerous programs we manage.
Who may be considered:
Successful candidates will have at least one-to-two years of experience working with individuals with disabilities.
A High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
Advanced knowledge of HIPAA and Independent Living is required.
Candidates will be expected to provide excellent customer service and must have flexibility adapting to new situations. The ability to work as a team is required. The ability to establish effective relationships, responsiveness to working with the elderly population, and the ability to prepare concise and accurate records is required.
Placement: Hourly, 15-20 hours per week
Wages: $12.36 per hour,
Number of Vacancies: 1
Travel Required: No
Location: Utica, NY
How to Apply:
A hard copy of your resume and cover letter may also be forwarded to: RCIL, P.O. Box 210, Utica, NY 13503-0210, Attention: Recruitment.
It is the policy of RCIL to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance or accommodations to fully participate in the interview process, please contact the HR Recruiter at 315-797-4642. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a person’s disability.
RCIL promotes a scent/chemical free environment. To support this effort, we ask that all applicants refrain from wearing scented products while in the office.
RCIL is an equal opportunity employer. All persons—including people with disabilities; elders; women; and people of racial and ethnic minority—are encouraged to apply.
It is RCIL’s policy and agency standard that all employees participate in advocacy for Civil Rights and Agency activities. Apply today to make a difference!