Direct Support Professional (Central, NY)
The primary task of the Direct Support Professional is to provide assistance and training to individuals with disabilities to achieve enhanced community inclusion. The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Assist in and teach activities including but not limited to: cooking, cleaning, shopping, money management, personal care/hygiene, transferring and providing transportation;
- Provide support in daily and social activities;
- Implement the goals outlined in the service plan;
- Provide own transportation to and from consumers’ home.
- Maintain confidentiality of all work related information
- Complete DSP Basic Training upon being hired and annually as needed.
Who may be considered:
Successful candidates will have experience working with individuals with disabilities. A valid Driver's License is required. A High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred.
Wages: $12.36/hr., $12.86/hr after six (6) months
Number of Vacancies: Multiple
Location: Central New York
How to Apply:
A hard copy of your resume and cover letter may also be forwarded to: RCIL, P.O. Box 210, Utica, NY 13503-0210, Attention: Recruitment or firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of RCIL to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance or accommodations to fully participate in the interview process, please contact the HR Recruiter at 315-797-4642. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a person’s disability.
RCIL promotes a scent/chemical free environment. To support this effort, we ask that all applicants refrain from wearing scented products while in the office.
RCIL is an equal opportunity employer. All persons—including people with disabilities; elders; women; and people of racial and ethnic minority—are encouraged to apply.
It is RCIL’s policy and agency standard that all employees participate in advocacy for Civil Rights and Agency activities. Apply today to make a difference!