Human Services Start-Up/Support Broker
Starting Pay Rate: $17.95 per hour
- Flexible work schedule menu to include the ability to work: a four-day work week, nine-day biweekly schedule with a three-day weekend every other week, or a typical five-day work schedule.
- 16 vacation days
- 12 sick days
- 11 paid holidays
- 401K 6% match
- Heavily subsidized health/vision/dental insurance
- Additional benefits available
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Develop comprehensive person-centered plans and self-direction budgets;
- Provide excellent customer service to participants and their representatives;
- Identify and access possible community supports for individualized budget and service plan;
- Assist with developing comprehensive goals and safeguards consistent with Life Plan;
- Provide education and assist the participant in finding staff; and
- Monitor budget expenditures to ensure spending does not exceed Self-Direction budget allocation.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Candidates must have at least two years of experience working with individuals receiving services from the Office for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD). The successful candidate should be organized and possess keen attention to detail. Experience with Microsoft Office and a knowledge of services with OPWDD is required. A High School Diploma or equivalent is required; OPWDD Broker certification is preferred.
RCIL is a civil rights organization that offers individuals with disabilities a wide range of independent living and advocacy services through the numerous programs we manage.
Travel Required: Yes
Location: Utica, NY
A hard copy of your resume and cover letter may also be forwarded to: RCIL, P.O. Box 210, Utica, NY 13503-0210, Attention: Recruitment.
It is the policy of RCIL to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance or accommodations to fully participate in the interview process, please contact the HR Recruiter at 315-272-2994. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a person’s disability.
RCIL promotes a scent/chemical free environment. To support this effort, we ask that all applicants refrain from wearing scented products while in the office.
RCIL is an equal opportunity employer. All persons—including people with disabilities; seniors; women; and people of racial and ethnic minority—are encouraged to apply.
It is RCIL’s policy and agency standard that all employees participate in advocacy for Civil Rights and Agency activities. Apply today to make a difference!