Administrative Assistant - Watertown
The Resource Center for Independent Living is looking for a new Administrative Assistant to provide administrative and clerical support to the Learning Disability Association of the Mohawk Valley – North Country (LDAMV). The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Process paperwork for family support services including family reimbursement, respite and academic scholarships;
- Receive packages from deliveries and submit packing slips through proper protocol for the Finance Department;
- Answer the telephone, connect callers with proper individuals within programs, and answer routine inquires;
- Assist with the completion of quarterly narrative reports;
- Complete intake forms as needed and enter in the approved database to include change of demographic information;
- Maintain accurate appointments, workshops and presentations in Outlook calendar and on in-house calendars for staff; and
- Work with departmental staff to assist in the promotion of workshops and events using email, postal mailings, social media and email blasts.
RCIL is a civil rights organization that offers individuals with disabilities a wide range of independent living and advocacy services through the numerous programs we manage.
Who may be considered:
At least one-to-two years of clerical and administrative experience is required.
Successful candidates will have at least one-to-two years of filing along with Microsoft Office experience.
An Associates Degree is preferred; a High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Watertown, NY
How to Apply:
A hard copy of your resume and cover letter may also be forwarded to: RCIL, P.O. Box 210, Utica, NY 13503-0210, Attention: Recruitment or email@example.com.
It is the policy of RCIL to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance or accommodations to fully participate in the interview process, please contact the HR Recruiter at 315-797-4642. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a person’s disability.
RCIL promotes a scent/chemical free environment. To support this effort, we ask that all applicants refrain from wearing scented products while in the office.
RCIL is an equal opportunity employer. All persons—including people with disabilities; elders; women; and people of racial and ethnic minority—are encouraged to apply.
It is RCIL’s policy and agency standard that all employees participate in advocacy for Civil Rights and Agency activities. Apply today to make a difference!