Part-Time Administrative Assistant
At Home Independent Care
This is a temporary position that runs through November.
RCIL is a civil rights organization that offers individuals with disabilities a wide range of independent living and advocacy services through the numerous programs we manage.
The Administrative Assistant will coordinate, schedule and implement events for the Caregiver Connections project that provide support and social activities for seniors and their caregivers. The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Organize monthly events for seniors and their caregivers that are focused on identified needs and wants (two simultaneous events for seniors and caregivers, or one combined joint event).
• Facilitate all scheduled events.
• Communicate with caregivers during events and conduct participant surveys at the conclusion of each event that focus on needs and wants of caregivers, summarize information received through conversations and survey responses, and provide summary report to supervisor.
• Track attendance at each event for reporting purposes.
• Utilize survey feedback from events to inform the planning of future events.
• Coordinate with staff members and community partners to promote scheduled events.
Who may be considered:
Successful candidates will have a minimum of one year of clerical experience, exemplary customer service, outreach, and working with seniors and/or their caregivers is highly preferred. Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Word is preferred.
A High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
Placement: Temporary, Part-Time
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Utica, NY
How to Apply:
Candidates may apply via RCIL’s website at http://www.rcil.com/careers. A hard copy of your resume and cover letter may also be forwarded to: RCIL, P.O. Box 210, Utica, NY 13503-0210, Attention: Recruitment.
It is the policy of RCIL to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance or accommodations to fully participate in the interview process, please contact the HR Recruiter at 315-797-4642. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a person’s disability.
RCIL promotes a scent/chemical free environment. To support this effort, we ask that all applicants refrain from wearing scented products while in the office.
RCIL is an equal opportunity employer. All persons—including people with disabilities; elders; women; and people of racial and ethnic minority—are encouraged to apply.
It is RCIL’s policy and agency standard that all employees participate in advocacy for Civil Rights and Agency activities. Apply today to make a difference!