Bilingual Administrative Assistant (Advocacy)
Our Advocacy Department is looking for a new Bilingual Administrative Assistant. The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Assist the Coordinator of Community Relations with all matters related to the Advocacy department and center-wide to include taking minutes at various meetings;
- Collaborate and support Advocacy staff and projects as needed;
- Answer telephones, connect callers with proper individuals within program, answer routine inquires;
- Generate correspondence from dictation, machine transcription, email or handwritten drafts. Draft routine correspondence; and
- Assist in preparing for conferences, workshops or meetings; attend, and take minutes as requested.
RCIL is a civil rights organization that offers individuals with disabilities a wide range of independent living and advocacy services through the numerous programs we manage.
Who may be considered:
Fluency and high-proficiency (reading, writing, speaking) in Bosnian is heavily preferred for this position.
At least five (5) years’ clerical and administrative experience is required.
An Associate’s Degree is preferred; a High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Utica, NY
How to Apply:
A hard copy of your resume and cover letter may also be forwarded to: RCIL, P.O. Box 210, Utica, NY 13503-0210, Attention: Recruitment or firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of RCIL to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance or accommodations to fully participate in the interview process, please contact the HR Recruiter at 315-797-4642. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a person’s disability.
RCIL promotes a scent/chemical free environment. To support this effort, we ask that all applicants refrain from wearing scented products while in the office.
RCIL is an equal opportunity employer. All persons—including people with disabilities; elders; women; and people of racial and ethnic minority—are encouraged to apply.
It is RCIL’s policy and agency standard that all employees participate in advocacy for Civil Rights and Agency activities. Apply today to make a difference!