RCIL, Inc., the parent corporation of the Resource Center for Independent Living, Inc and Living Independently is For Everyone at RCIL, Inc. (LIFE @ RCIL) is restructuring its organizations to better allow focus of each corporation on the mission of the agency versus the provision of direct services that financially support the mission. LIFE @ RCIL has been designated to be focused on independent living services and supports.
The Resource Center for Independent Living is looking for an Executive Director to report to the CEO and administer and oversee all activities within LIFE @ RCIL. The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Oversee administrative operations and service delivery system;
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence;
- Manage relationships with partner organizations and monitor multiple programs for quality and compliance with all applicable rules and regulations;
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to supervisors and staff;
- Oversee expenditures and revenues and suggest programmatic changes, as appropriate, to stay within budget;
- Develop the necessary systems, processes and tools to support the facilitation, collection and sharing of knowledge that is generated by the programs; and
- Leverage strengths of the current team members, clarify roles and responsibilities, develop and implement training to maximize and reach optimal individual, program, and organizational goals.
Who may be considered:
A minimum of seven (7) years of supervisory experience including responsibilities to develop a strong team of technical, professional and clerical personnel with the foresight to delegate accordingly is required. Successful candidates will have three (3) years of work experience in a non-profit environment.
Extensive knowledge on strategic planning, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and laws affecting disability rights is required. Advanced knowledge of Human Resources and leadership skills are required.
Advanced degree in Human Services field is preferred; extensive work experience in management within a non-profit environment with multiple programs and services will be considered in lieu of education.
Salary: Successful candidates should submit compensation expectations with their resume and cover letter.
Placement: Full-Time, Exempt
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Utica, NY
How to Apply:
A hard copy of your resume, cover letter and compensation expectations may also be forwarded to: RCIL, P.O. Box 210, Utica, NY 13503-0210, Attention: Recruitment or email@example.com.
It is the policy of RCIL to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance or accommodations to fully participate in the interview process, please contact the HR Recruiter at 315-797-4642. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a person’s disability.
RCIL promotes a scent/chemical free environment. To support this effort, we ask that all applicants refrain from wearing scented products while in the office.
RCIL is an equal opportunity employer. All persons—including people with disabilities; elders; women; and people of racial and ethnic minority—are encouraged to apply.
It is RCIL’s policy and agency standard that all employees participate in advocacy for Civil Rights and Agency activities. Apply today to make a difference!