Customer Service Receptionist
The Resource Center for Independent Living is looking to hire a new Customer Service Receptionist to provide a high level of customer service to all individuals and maintain a friendly and efficient reception area.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Maintain the highest level of customer service at all times to ensure all expectations, needs, and goals of individuals, visitors, and staff are met and to uphold customer satisfaction and quality of service;
- Greet all visitors entering RCIL and properly direct them to their destination in a friendly manner;
- Be prepared to handle emotionally-charged situations;
- Promote a healthy and safe work environment – assist to deescalate sensitive situations when needed;
- Assist with special projects that may include typing documents, processing large mailings, copying and other administrative functions;
- Assist staff with scheduling and reserving meeting rooms; and
- Maintain emergency schedule, contacts, phone notifications and building signage for Agency closings.
RCIL is a civil rights organization that offers individuals with disabilities a wide range of independent living and advocacy services through the numerous programs we manage.
Who may be considered:
Successful candidates will have extensive administrative and customer service experience.
An Associate’s Degree is appreciated. A High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Utica, NY
Travel Required: No
How to Apply:
A hard copy of your resume and cover letter may also be forwarded to: RCIL, P.O. Box 210, Utica, NY 13503-0210, Attention: Recruitment or firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of RCIL to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance or accommodations to fully participate in the interview process, please contact the HR Recruiter at 315-797-4642. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a person’s disability.
RCIL promotes a scent/chemical free environment. To support this effort, we ask that all applicants refrain from wearing scented products while in the office.
RCIL is an equal opportunity employer. All persons—including people with disabilities; elders; women; and people of racial and ethnic minority—are encouraged to apply.
It is RCIL’s policy and agency standard that all employees participate in advocacy for Civil Rights and Agency activities. Apply today to make a difference!