Human Resources Auditor
Our Human Resources (HR) Department is looking for an Auditor to oversee all HR auditing functions, including double-checks on all employee packets and forms, pre-and-post employment background checks, and medical requirements. The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Develop internal audit plans and perform initial and follow-up checks on HR paperwork;
- Research and confer with Compliance on all background check and employment credentialing regulations and requirements to ensure database accuracy;
- Review background checks and medical paperwork for quality assurance. Run frequent audit reports through the Justice Center, Department of Health, Uniform Assessment System and LENS ensuring the Agency is meeting all regulatory requirements;
- Evaluate internal audit findings; prepare and present the result of audit work and recommendations in written communication form, and present verbally when needed;
- Keep abreast of RCIL policies and procedures, external law and regulation changes to ensure all changes are correctly implemented;
- Analyze the monthly medical data for 60-day notices to ensure compliance. Correct any inaccuracies found in the system;
- Look over HR forms, such as (but not limited to), I-9s, Direct Deposit forms, entry confirmations, applications and medical forms; and
- Run a weekly payroll report to audit entries into the Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) database. Verify corrections are made to ensure an accurate payroll processing.
RCIL is a civil rights organization that offers individuals with disabilities a wide range of independent living and advocacy services through the numerous programs we manage.
Who may be considered:
Successful candidates will have at least three (3) years of auditing experience in an HR setting.
An Associate’s Degree is highly preferred; a High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel is required. Knowledge of Human Resources practices, Federal and New York State laws, Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and Automatic Data Processing (ADP) is preferred.
Candidates will be expected to provide excellent customer service and have the ability to document work in progress. The successful candidate will be expected to work independently with little direction, and in a team setting with diverse types of people. Excellent computer, organizational, analytical, and oral and written communication skills are required.
Wages: $15.39 per hour
Number of Vacancies: 1
Travel Required: No
Location: Utica, NY
How to Apply:
315-797-4642 ext. 2992
A hard copy of your resume and cover letter may also be forwarded to: RCIL, P.O. Box 210, Utica, NY 13503-0210, Attention: Recruitment or firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of RCIL to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance or accommodations to fully participate in the interview process, please contact the HR Recruiter at 315-797-4642. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a person’s disability.
RCIL promotes a scent/chemical free environment. To support this effort, we ask that all applicants refrain from wearing scented products while in its office.
RCIL is an equal opportunity employer. All persons—including people with disabilities; elders; women; and people of racial and ethnic minority—are encouraged to apply.
It is RCIL’s policy and agency standard that all employees participate in advocacy for Civil Rights and Agency activates. Apply today to make a difference!