The Transition Specialist will assist individuals with disabilities in attaining their independent living goals by educating, advocating and securing services. The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Facilitate for individuals residing in institutions to complete a comprehensive plan to transition back to living in the community;
- Receive referrals from the Transition Coordinator and ensure the transition process is followed through for each consumer;
- Provide information and assistance for individuals and families who are considering or are in the process of transition from an institution to living in the community;
- Coordinate visits to institutions, provide potential participants with unbiased information regarding available home and community-based services, participate in discharge planning, and coordinate with other relevant social services agencies involved in the discharge and transition care of the consumer; and
- Collaborate with Transition Coordinator to determine barriers to transition.
RCIL is a civil rights organization that offers individuals with disabilities a wide range of independent living and advocacy services through the numerous programs we manage.
Who may be considered:
At least one year of experience working with people with disabilities or working as a Service Coordinator or Case Manager with any population.
The successful candidate must have advocacy, planning, community-networking, innovation, and organizational skills.
An Associates Degree or experience in a related field with a High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
Wages: $14.36 per hour
Number of Vacancies: 1
Travel Required: Yes
Location: Utica, NY
A hard copy of your resume and cover letter may also be forwarded to: RCIL, P.O. Box 210, Utica, NY 13503-0210, Attention: Recruitment.
It is the policy of RCIL to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance or accommodations to fully participate in the interview process, please contact the HR Recruiter at 315-797-4642. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a person’s disability.
RCIL promotes a scent/chemical free environment. To support this effort, we ask that all applicants refrain from wearing scented products while in the office.
RCIL is an equal opportunity employer. All persons—including people with disabilities; elders; women; and people of racial and ethnic minority—are encouraged to apply.
It is RCIL’s policy and agency standard that all employees participate in advocacy for Civil Rights and Agency activities. Apply today to make a difference!