YOUR VOTE MATTERS!
5 Things to Remember:
1. There is power in numbers. With over 34 million eligible voters, the disability community has the capacity to impact elections and policy.
2. When you vote, you exercise your right to make your own choices about issues that may significantly affect your life.
3. Casting your vote helps elected officials know the issues individuals with disabilities care about.
4. A handful of votes can change the outcome of an election, especially at the local level.
5. Voting is a right for everyone, regardless of education level. To learn about the issues and candidates before voting, visit vote411.org.
For More Information, Contact: Disability Rights New York
(518) 432-7861 (voice)
(518) 512-3448 (TTY)
(800) 993-8982 (Toll free)
Voter Resources for Voters with Disabilities
This document contains important information that Voters with Disabilities need to know.
This document contains information on becoming a better informed Voter
Did you know there is more than one option for casting your vote? This document talks about the options that are available to you
This document contains transportation tips for getting to polling locations
This document has information about the new voting changes in New York State, including early voting