Resource Center for Independent Living is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Resource Center for Independent Living takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of RCIL:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. RCIL is partially conformant with WCAG 2.0 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of RCIL. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on RCIL:
- Phone: (315) 797-4642
- Visitor address: 131 Genesee St., Utica, NY 13503
- Postal address: P.O. Box 210, Utica, NY 13503
We try to respond to feedback within 2 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
RCIL is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
RCIL is not compatible with:
- browsers older than 3 major versions” or “Mobile operating systems older than 5 years
Accessibility of RCIL relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of RCIL, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for RCIL:
- Distinguishable content of some design elements: Uploaded images may not have text alternatives because We cannot ensure the quality of contributions. We monitor user comments and typically repair issues within 2 business days. Please use the ‘Contact Us’ link if you encounter an issue.
Resource Center for Independent Living assessed the accessibility of RCIL by the following approaches:
- External evaluation
This statement was created on 12 November 2019 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.