Human Services Coordinator
Starting Pay Rate: $19.41-$21.35 per hour
- Flexible work schedule menu to include the ability to work: a four-day work week, nine-day biweekly schedule with a three-day weekend every other week, or a typical five-day work schedule.
- 16 annual vacation days, 12 annual sick days, and 11 annual paid holidays
- 401K 6% match
- Heavily subsidized health/vision/dental insurance
- Additional benefits available
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Support individual with disabilities, receiving services through OPWDD to appropriately utilize their services to live in the community of their choice. This includes, but not limited to the below:
- Maintain open communication with participants’ and their support team members; majority of communication is via calls and emails.
- Review individual participants’ services; communicate with participants and support team members regarding over/under utilization of services as needed.
- Maintain required documentation in a timely, accurate, and legible manner; communicate with appropriate support team members to obtain updates, corrections, or delayed documentation.
- A Bachelor or Master of Social Work degree is preferred, a college degree in Human Services or related field will be considered; a high school diploma or equivalent is required. Experience providing OPWDD funded services will be considered in lieu of education.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong customer service and computer skills.
- Ability to move between various tasks at a fast pace and prioritize.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Case Management experience preferred.
COVID-19 vaccination is required for this position. RCIL will engage in the accommodation process when an exemption is requested.
RCIL is a civil rights organization that offers individuals with disabilities a wide range of independent living and advocacy services through the numerous programs we manage.
RCIL is an equal opportunity employer, and it is the policy of RCIL not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion or veteran status.
Travel Required: Minimal
Location: Utica, NY
A hard copy of your resume and cover letter may also be forwarded to: RCIL, P.O. Box 210, Utica, NY 13503-0210, Attention: Recruitment.
It is the policy of RCIL to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance or accommodations to fully participate in the interview process, please contact the HR Recruiter at 315-272-2957. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a person’s disability.
RCIL promotes a scent/chemical free environment. To support this effort, we ask that all applicants refrain from wearing scented products while in the office.
RCIL is an equal opportunity employer and it is the policy of RCIL not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
It is RCIL’s policy and agency standard that all employees participate in advocacy for Civil Rights and Agency activities. Apply today to make a difference!