Human Resources Medical Credentialing Specialist
The Resource Center for Independent Living is excited to announce a new flexible schedule option for employees! Employees may be eligible to work either Monday-to-Friday 8am-4pm OR extended hours with every other Friday off.
The Human Resources Department is looking to hire a new Medical Credentialing Specialist to track and maintain the Agency’s medical to ensure compliance through various regulations. The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Ensure that all pre-employment and annual medical requirements are met for all required workers;
- Enter pre-employment medical for pending workers into the Excel tracking spreadsheet;
- Track and maintain annual medical and ensure compliance through various regulators;
- Ensure physicals, drug habituation statements, TB/Mantoux, MMR records and chest x-rays meet the specific requirements;
- Ensure workers are placed on suspension, payroll and departments are notified, and the worker does not work out of compliance and terminations are completed after thirty (30) days of non-compliance; and
- Remain up-to-date with the changing legislation and regulations to ensure the proper requirements are met for medical credentialing.
RCIL is a civil rights organization that offers individuals with disabilities a wide range of independent living and advocacy services through the numerous programs we manage.
Who may be considered:
Successful candidates will have five (5) years of clerical experience, preferably in a Human Service organization. Human Resources experience, medical terminology and coding highly preferred.
An Associate’s Degree in Human Resources is preferred. A High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
Successful candidates will have excellent customer service, communication and problem-solving skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Office, ADP, OPWDD and Department of Health regulations are preferred.
Number of Vacancies: 1
Shift: Monday-Friday 8am-4pm OR extended hours with every other Friday off
Location: Utica, NY
A hard copy of your resume and cover letter may also be forwarded to: RCIL, P.O. Box 210, Utica, NY 13503-0210, Attention: Recruitment.
It is the policy of RCIL to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance or accommodations to fully participate in the interview process, please contact the HR Recruiter at 315-797-4642. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a person’s disability.
RCIL promotes a scent/chemical free environment. To support this effort, we ask that all applicants refrain from wearing scented products while in the office.
RCIL is an equal opportunity employer. All persons—including people with disabilities; elders; women; and people of racial and ethnic minority—are encouraged to apply.
It is RCIL’s policy and agency standard that all employees participate in advocacy for Civil Rights and Agency activities. Apply today to make a difference!