Support Services Coordinator
Starting Pay Rate: $16.41 per hour
- Flexible work schedule menu to include the ability to work: a four-day work week, nine-day biweekly schedule with a three-day weekend every other week, or a typical five-day work schedule.
- 16 annual vacation days, 12 annual sick days, and 11 annual paid holidays
- 401K 6% match
- Heavily subsidized health/vision/dental insurance
- Additional benefits available
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Review applications and supporting documentation for Family Support Services (FSS) Family Reimbursement Program and Office for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) Housing Subsidy Program.
- Present complete applications to the Family Reimbursement Committee and document the committee's review of all applications.
- Enter data into the CHOICES system.
- Provide written notice to the individual/family and care manager of approval or denials on applications.
- Attend and participate in FSS service meetings with the DDRO, upon request.
- A college degree in human services, social work or a related field is preferred; a high school diploma or equivalent is required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of the OPWDD system and services provided through this entity is highly preferred.
- Verbal and written communication skills, planning, innovation, collaboration and computer skills.
- Flexibility, organization and responsiveness to working with a diverse population.
RCIL is a civil rights organization that offers individuals with disabilities a wide range of independent living and advocacy services through the numerous programs we manage.
RCIL is an equal opportunity employer, and it is the policy of RCIL not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
Travel Required: Yes
Location: Utica, NY
A hard copy of your resume and cover letter may also be forwarded to: RCIL, P.O. Box 210, Utica, NY 13503-0210, Attention: Recruitment.
It is the policy of RCIL to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance or accommodations to fully participate in the interview process, please contact the HR Recruiter at 315-272-2994. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a person’s disability.
RCIL promotes a scent/chemical free environment. To support this effort, we ask that all applicants refrain from wearing scented products while in the office.
RCIL is an equal opportunity employer and it is the policy of RCIL not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
It is RCIL’s policy and agency standard that all employees participate in advocacy for Civil Rights and Agency activities. Apply today to make a difference!