Full-Time Registered Nurse
Candidates should submit their compensation expectations with their resume and cover letter.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Complete home and community-based program intakes and nursing assessments, introduce direct care providers to the individuals receiving services and provide clinical oversight of direct care providers’ work.
- Ensure compliance with regulations and NY State Department of Health guidance for the At Home Independent Care (AHIC) Licensed Home Care Services Agency (LHCSA).
- Work within a team of healthcare professionals to provide oversight for AHIC Personal Care Aides.
- Facilitate and track staff trainings/in-service sessions.
- Rotate on-call coverage (to include some evenings, weekends and holidays).
- 16 vacation annual days, 12 annual sick days, and 11 annual paid holidays
- 401K 6% match
- Heavily subsidized health/vision/dental insurance
- Additional benefits available
- NY State licensure as a Registered Nurse.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Five years of nursing experience, preferably in a home care setting.
- Two years of experience providing nursing supervision.
- Knowledge of working with older adults, traumatic brain injuries, and other disability populations.
COVID-19 vaccination is required for this position. RCIL will engage in the accommodation process when an exemption is requested.
RCIL is a civil rights organization that offers individuals with disabilities a wide range of independent living and advocacy services through the numerous programs we manage.
Travel Required: Oneida, Madison, and Herkimer Counties
Location: Utica, NY
A hard copy of your resume and cover letter may also be forwarded to: RCIL, P.O. Box 210, Utica, NY 13503-0210, Attention: Recruitment.
It is the policy of RCIL to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance or accommodations to fully participate in the interview process, please contact the HR Recruiter at 315-272-2994. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a person’s disability.
RCIL promotes a scent/chemical free environment. To support this effort, we ask that all applicants refrain from wearing scented products while in the office.
RCIL is an equal opportunity employer. All persons—including people with disabilities; seniors; women; and people of racial and ethnic minority—are encouraged to apply.
It is RCIL’s policy and agency standard that all employees participate in advocacy for Civil Rights and Agency activities. Apply today to make a difference!