Direct Support Professional
Starting Pay Rate: $14.65 per hour
- 401K 6% match.
- Sick leave.
- Additional benefits available.
The successful candidate will work in individuals’ homes and be expected to:
- Provide assistance and training to individuals with disabilities in their homes and community.
- Follow a care plan for social activities.
- Provide support with activities such as: cooking, cleaning, shopping, money management, personal hygiene and social activities.
- Assist with physical transfer within the home or to vehicle.
Certification and Education:
- Valid Driver’s License and own transportation is required with a clean driving record.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities.
- Be able to establish effective relationships and provide hands on care.
- Be flexible and have good interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills.
COVID-19 vaccination is required for this position. RCIL will engage in the accommodation process when an exemption is requested.
RCIL is a civil rights organization that offers individuals with disabilities a wide range of independent living and advocacy services through the numerous programs we manage.
Travel Required: Yes
Location: Individuals’ homes in Oneida County and Herkimer County
A hard copy of your resume and cover letter may also be forwarded to: RCIL, P.O. Box 210, Utica, NY 13503-0210, Attention: Recruitment.
It is the policy of RCIL to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance or accommodations to fully participate in the interview process, please contact the HR Recruiter at 315-272-2957. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a person’s disability.
RCIL promotes a scent/chemical free environment. To support this effort, we ask that all applicants refrain from wearing scented products while in the office.
RCIL is an equal opportunity employer and it is the policy of RCIL not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
It is RCIL’s policy and agency standard that all employees participate in advocacy for Civil Rights and Agency activities. Apply today to make a difference!