Vocational Services Coordinator
The Vocational Services Coordinator (VSC) provides specialized independent living knowledge and assistance to individuals with disabilities eligible for assistance through the Herkimer County Social Services Employment Unit.
- This position is based at the Herkimer County Department of Social Services to provide disability-specific wrap-around services that complement efforts of Employment Unit staff.
- Receive referrals of work-limited program participants through the Department of Social Services.
- Engage, assess, assist, and provide follow-along help to applicants and participants with disabilities that have work activity requirements.
- Advise on how work will impact benefits and provide information about work incentives.
- In conjunction with the participant, develop a plan for employment based upon the assessment(s) that identify skills and experience and assistance needed in areas of training, transportation, childcare, interview and job-site accommodations and other needs and considerations as appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Candidates should have experience working with individuals with disabilities and some familiarity with disability and social services systems. The ability to communicate effectively by phone and in writing is essential. Experience working effectively as part of a team preferred. A high school diploma or equivalent is required; An associate degree preferred.
Wages: $17.44 per hour
Shift: Monday-Friday, 9:00am to 5:00 pm/Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm; Hours vary depending on Herkimer County Department of Social Services office hours.
Travel Required: Yes
Location: Herkimer, NY
RCIL is a civil rights organization that offers individuals with disabilities a wide range of independent living and advocacy services through numerous programs.
A hard copy of your resume and cover letter may also be forwarded to: RCIL, P.O. Box 210, Utica, NY 13503-0210, Attention: Recruitment.
It is the policy of RCIL to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance or accommodations to fully participate in the interview process, please contact the HR Recruiter at 315-797-4642. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a person’s disability.
RCIL promotes a scent/chemical free environment. To support this effort, we ask that all applicants refrain from wearing scented products while in the office.
RCIL is an equal opportunity employer. All persons—including people with disabilities; seniors; women; and people of racial and ethnic minority—are encouraged to apply.
It is RCIL’s policy and agency standard that all employees participate in advocacy for Civil Rights and Agency activities. Apply today to make a difference!