The General Maintenance/Cleaner will maintain building and grounds of various Agency offices in pristine condition. The successful candidate will be expected to:
· Provide cleaning for RCIL buildings as assigned, including but not limited to: vacuuming, bathroom and kitchen sanitization, mopping, trash and recyclables removal, and sweeping;
· Maintenance of exterior of the building to include: snow removal, salting, mowing and all other grounds maintenance;
· Provide maintenance for RCIL buildings as assigned, including: office moves, painting, floor maintenance, support with supply orders and deliveries, and the stocking of paper and kitchen supplies;
· Assembly and installation of furniture, accessories, etc. as needed;
· Make pick-ups and deliveries for the Agency as required; and
· Window cleaning, interior and exterior, as needed.
RCIL is a civil rights organization that offers individuals with disabilities a wide range of independent living and advocacy services through the numerous programs we manage.
Who may be considered:
Two (2) years of cleaning and maintenance experience is required.
A High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
The successful candidate must be able to lift at least fifty (50) pounds and perform frequent bending, walking, and climbing.
A valid driver’s license and use of own vehicle is required.
Wages: $12.82 per hour
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Utica, NY
How to Apply:
A hard copy of your resume and cover letter may also be forwarded to: RCIL, P.O. Box 210, Utica, NY 13503-0210, Attention: Recruitment or firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of RCIL to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance or accommodations to fully participate in the interview process, please contact the HR Recruiter at 315-797-4642. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a person’s disability.
RCIL promotes a scent/chemical free environment. To support this effort, we ask that all applicants refrain from wearing scented products while in the office.
RCIL is an equal opportunity employer. All persons—including people with disabilities; elders; women; and people of racial and ethnic minority—are encouraged to apply.
It is RCIL’s policy and agency standard that all employees participate in advocacy for Civil Rights and Agency activities. Apply today to make a difference!