Director of Independent Living Services
Working under the supervision of the Executive Director, this position is responsible for managing a diverse department providing services in support of individuals with disabilities. The successful candidate should be a person who has a disability and/or has extensive experience working with the disability community.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Provide critical support, leadership, and oversight of daily operations and department staff.
- Monitor for performance quality, compliance standards, and statistical reporting.
- Develop, implement, and execute new programs, initiatives, and relationships within the local community.
- Provide community outreach and education, serve as a resource, and assist with accessibility and advocacy concerns.
- Identify consumer trends and potential systemic advocacy issues.
- More information about this position’s role within RCIL can be found here.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Eight-to-ten years of experience working with individuals with disabilities.
- Minimum of three-to-four years of supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of disability rights and related legislation, community resources, benefit programs, the ADA, and the Independent Living Philosophy.
- Experience with managing grants, contracts and budgets, collecting and analyzing data, and writing reports.
- A minimum of an Associates Degree in Human Services or a related field is required.
- 16 annual vacation days, 12 annual sick days, and 11 annual paid holidays
- 401K 6% match
- Heavily subsidized health/vision/dental insurance
- Additional benefits available
The COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for this position. RCIL will engage in the accommodation process for when an exemption is requested.
RCIL is a civil rights organization that offers individuals with disabilities a wide range of independent living and advocacy services through the numerous programs we manage.
Travel Required: Yes
Location: Utica, NY
A hard copy of your resume and cover letter may also be forwarded to: RCIL, P.O. Box 210, Utica, NY 13503-0210, Attention: Recruitment.
It is the policy of RCIL to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance or accommodations to fully participate in the interview process, please contact the HR Recruiter at 315-272-2994. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a person’s disability.
RCIL promotes a scent/chemical free environment. To support this effort, we ask that all applicants refrain from wearing scented products while in the office.
RCIL is an equal opportunity employer. All persons—including people with disabilities; seniors; women; and people of racial and ethnic minority—are encouraged to apply.
It is RCIL’s policy and agency standard that all employees participate in advocacy for Civil Rights and Agency activities. Apply today to make a difference!