Utica, New York
RCIL is a civil rights organization that offers individuals with disabilities a wide range of independent living and advocacy services through the numerous programs we manage.
The Employment Specialist will discover the participant’s strengths, enhance their job readiness skills, and provide pre-vocational training as needed, to maximize their opportunities during job development. The Specialist will also develop new and maintain existing positive relationships with area employers to increase job placement opportunities. The Specialist will provide job coaching and job retention supports on an individualized basis to ensure long term successful placements for our participants. The Employment Specialist will provide our participants with the tools to succeed in their new career.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist participants with job readiness skills, which includes resume building, problem solving, communication, and interviewing skills.
- Provide pre-vocational training to individuals through community experiences to prepare participants for the job development stage.
- Discover the participant’s skill set to insure appropriate job matches.
- Network with local employers to increase opportunities for participants and to ensure employers are aware of the benefits of employing individuals with disabilities.
- Assist participants with arranging/obtaining appropriate transportation including travel training where appropriate.
- Provide participants with on the job training including interaction with supervisors and co-workers. Provide hands-on assistance for individuals to develop the skills necessary to meet the requirements of the job and insure long term success.
- Provide long term job retention support to individuals.
Educational/ Work Experience Requirements: Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred. High School diploma considered. Minimum of two years of experience working with individuals with disabilities.
Required skills: Excellent written and oral communication, assertiveness, organizational, and time management.
Other: A valid NYS Driver’s license and own reliable transportation.
Hourly Rate: $13.83/hr.
How to Apply: Candidates may apply via RCIL’s website at http://www.rcil.com. A hard copy of your resume and cover letter may also be forwarded to: RCIL, P.O. Box 210, Utica, NY 13503-0210, Attention: Recruitment or firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of RCIL to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance or accommodations to fully participate in the interview process, please contact the HR Recruiter at 315-797-4642. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a person’s disability
RCIL promotes a scent/chemical free environment. To support this effort, we ask that all applicants refrain from wearing scented products while in its office.
RCIL is an equal opportunity employers. All persons—including people with disabilities; elders; women; and people of racial and ethnic minority—are encouraged to apply.