Home and Community Based Waiver Services
Home and Community Based Waiver Habilitation Services allow Medicaid eligible individuals with developmental disabilities to receive services at home and in their community, instead of in nursing homes or institutions. Habilitation services provide staff that assist individuals with developmental disabilities in gaining the skills that they need to live independently.
Staff are able to help individuals with developmental disabilities learn the skills that are needed to live independently, such as:
- Maintaining a comfortable home,
- Participating in recreational and social functions,
- Refining socialization skills,
- Exercising choice and self-determination,
- Implementing daily practices to promote positive behavioral and physical health,
- Communicating and expressing oneself effectively,
- Exploring new and practical experiences, and/or
- Engaging in and contributing to the community.
As a person-centered program, this service provides the support that individuals need to obtain the goals that they have chosen for themselves.
Oneida and Herkimer Counties.