Vice President of Corporate Resources
The Resource Center for Independent Living is looking for a Vice President of Corporate Resources to support the Executive Vice President and assist in the overall direction of all Human Resources functions. The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Interview, hire and supervise Human Resources staff, and other positions as assigned;
- Oversee the Human Resources department in the absence of the Executive Vice President;
- Supervise all recruitment processes: job replacement paperwork, job descriptions, job postings, interviewing, monitoring staff retention and turnover, career fairs and community recruitment events;
- Assist with the creation and update of Agency policies, handbooks, practices, processes, and spreadsheets/lists;
- Stay up-to-date on Agency and program regulation changes and ensure changes are operationalized;
- Interact with all RCIL management to assist them with corrective action processes, performance review, and all employee relation issues;
- Serve as the supervisor and back-up for the Human Resources Liaison Supervisors, Human Resources Recruiters, Human Resources Assistant, and Human Resources File Clerk; and
- Assist with employee investigations and audits as needed.
RCIL is a civil rights organization that offers individuals with disabilities a wide range of independent living and advocacy services through the numerous programs we manage.
Who may be considered:
A minimum of three-to-five years of Human Resources experience dealing with recruitment, policies, audits and employee relations is required. Successful candidates will have experience with policy and handbook development, employee relations, investigations, and disciplinary and corrective action.
Strong written communication skills and previous supervisory experience are required for this position.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources is preferred; an Associates Degree is required. Applicable Human Resources experience will be considered in lieu of education.
Placement: Full-Time, Exempt
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Utica, NY
How to Apply:
A hard copy of your resume, cover letter and compensation expectations may also be forwarded to: RCIL, P.O. Box 210, Utica, NY 13503-0210, Attention: Recruitment or firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of RCIL to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance or accommodations to fully participate in the interview process, please contact the HR Recruiter at 315-797-4642. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a person’s disability.
RCIL promotes a scent/chemical free environment. To support this effort, we ask that all applicants refrain from wearing scented products while in the office.
RCIL is an equal opportunity employer. All persons—including people with disabilities; elders; women; and people of racial and ethnic minority—are encouraged to apply.
It is RCIL’s policy and agency standard that all employees participate in advocacy for Civil Rights and Agency activities. Apply today to make a difference!