Human Resources Auditor
RCIL is excited to announce a new flexible schedule option for employees! Employees may be eligible to work either Monday-to-Friday 8am-4pm OR extended hours with every other Friday off.
Our Human Resources (HR) Department is looking for a new Auditor to oversee all HR auditing functions, including double-checks on all employee packets and forms, pre-and-post employment background checks, and medical requirements. The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Look over HR forms, such as (but not limited to), I-9s, Direct Deposit forms, entry confirmations, applications and medical forms; and
- Run a weekly payroll report to audit entries into the Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) database. Verify corrections are made to ensure an accurate payroll processing.
- Develop internal audit plans and perform initial and follow-up checks on HR paperwork;
- Research and confer with Compliance on all background check and employment credentialing regulations and requirements to ensure database accuracy;
- Review background checks and medical paperwork for quality assurance. Run frequent audit reports through the Justice Center, Department of Health, Uniform Assessment System and LENS ensuring the Agency is meeting all regulatory requirements;
- Evaluate internal audit findings; prepare and present the result of audit work and recommendations in written communication form, and present verbally when needed;
- Keep abreast of RCIL policies and procedures, external law and regulation changes to ensure all changes are correctly implemented;
- Analyze the monthly medical data for 60-day notices to ensure compliance. Correct any inaccuracies found in the system;
RCIL is a civil rights organization that offers individuals with disabilities a wide range of independent living and advocacy services through the numerous programs we manage.
Who may be considered:
Candidates with two (2) years of auditing experience in an HR setting.
An Associate’s Degree is highly preferred; a High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel is required. Knowledge of Human Resources practices, Federal and New York State laws, Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and Automatic Data Processing (ADP) is preferred.
Candidates will be expected to provide excellent customer service and have the ability to document work in progress. The successful candidate will be expected to work independently with little direction, and in a team setting with diverse types of people. Excellent computer, organizational, analytical, and oral and written communication skills are required.
Wages: $15.39 per hour
Number of Vacancies: 1
Shift: Monday-Friday 8am-4pm OR extended hours with every other Friday off
Location: Utica, NY
How to Apply:
A hard copy of your resume and cover letter may also be forwarded to: RCIL, P.O. Box 210, Utica, NY 13503-0210, Attention: Recruitment.
It is the policy of RCIL to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance or accommodations to fully participate in the interview process, please contact the HR Recruiter at 315-797-4642. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a person’s disability.
RCIL promotes a scent/chemical free environment. To support this effort, we ask that all applicants refrain from wearing scented products while in the office.
RCIL is an equal opportunity employer. All persons—including people with disabilities; elders; women; and people of racial and ethnic minority—are encouraged to apply.
It is RCIL’s policy and agency standard that all employees participate in advocacy for Civil Rights and Agency activities. Apply today to make a difference!