Personal Care Aide
Starting Pay Rate: $14.35 per hour; $14.85 per hour, after six months of successful employment.
- 401K 6% match.
- Full-Time employees qualify for health, dental and vision insurances.
- Sick leave. Double pay if working holidays.
- Day, evening, night, and weekend hours all available.
- Additional benefits available.
The successful candidate will work in individuals’ homes and be expected to:
- Assist with housekeeping and personal hygiene tasks.
- Provide accurate and timely documentation of tasks rendered for the individual.
- Be able to lift a minimum of 60 pounds.
Certification and Education:
- Personal Care Aide (PCA) or other applicable direct care certification, or at least six months of direct care experience within the last year required.
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid Driver’s License and own transportation is required with a clean driving record.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Working with elderly/aging, traumatic brain injury and disability issues.
- Be able to establish effective relationships and provide hands on care.
- Prepare concise and accurate records.
- Be flexible and have good interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills.
The COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for this position. RCIL will engage in the accommodation process for when an exemption is requested.
RCIL is a civil rights organization that offers individuals with disabilities a wide range of independent living and advocacy services through the numerous programs we manage.
Travel Required: Yes
Location: Individuals’ homes in Oneida County and Herkimer County
A hard copy of your resume and cover letter may also be forwarded to: RCIL, P.O. Box 210, Utica, NY 13503-0210, Attention: Recruitment.
It is the policy of RCIL to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance or accommodations to fully participate in the interview process, please contact the HR Recruiter at 315-272-2994. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a person’s disability.
RCIL promotes a scent/chemical free environment. To support this effort, we ask that all applicants refrain from wearing scented products while in the office.
RCIL is an equal opportunity employer. All persons—including people with disabilities; seniors; women; and people of racial and ethnic minority—are encouraged to apply.
It is RCIL’s policy and agency standard that all employees participate in advocacy for Civil Rights and Agency activities. Apply today to make a difference!