Support Services Coordinator
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with referral sources and key stakeholders;
- Maintain written documentation of guidelines for the Housing Subsidy and Family Reimbursement programs;
- Review applications for appropriateness and issue a decision approving or declining the application;
- Maintain tracking spreadsheet for the Housing Subsidy and Family Reimbursement programs;
- Complete all required documents including certifying the house/apartment; and
- Process applications and supporting documentation for Family Reimbursement.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Candidates must have experience working with individuals with disabilities. The successful candidate should be organized and possess keen attention to detail. Experience with Microsoft Office and a knowledge of services with the Office of People with Development Disabilities (OPWDD) is required. A High School Diploma or equivalent is required; an Associates Degree in Human Services or equivalent work experience is preferred.
Travel Required: Yes
Location: Utica, NY
RCIL is a civil rights organization that offers individuals with disabilities a wide range of independent living and advocacy services through the numerous programs we manage.
A hard copy of your resume and cover letter may also be forwarded to: RCIL, P.O. Box 210, Utica, NY 13503-0210, Attention: Recruitment.
It is the policy of RCIL to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance or accommodations to fully participate in the interview process, please contact the HR Recruiter at 315-797-4642. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a person’s disability.
RCIL promotes a scent/chemical free environment. To support this effort, we ask that all applicants refrain from wearing scented products while in the office.
RCIL is an equal opportunity employer. All persons—including people with disabilities; seniors; women; and people of racial and ethnic minority—are encouraged to apply.
It is RCIL’s policy and agency standard that all employees participate in advocacy for Civil Rights and Agency activities. Apply today to make a difference!