Activities Specialist Team Lead
The Resource Center for Independent Living is looking for an Activities Specialist Team Lead to plan, schedule, and implement social activities for participants of the Many Hears Senior Care Center, including participants through the Structured Day and Day Habilitation programs. The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Create a monthly activities calendar based upon participants interests;
- Ensure all activity supplies are ordered, stored and kept in good working order;
- Lead program activities and prepare materials in advance;
- Provide guidance and direction to program staff to ensure successful outcomes;
- Ensure participants plans (care plans, staff action plans and detailed goals) are being implemented daily;
- Schedule community outings on a monthly basis for participants;
- Provide transportation to participants using agency vehicles as needed; and
- Assist participants with personal care including assistance with toileting and showers, as needed.
RCIL is a civil rights organization that offers individuals with disabilities a wide range of independent living and advocacy services through the numerous programs we manage.
Who may be considered:
Three-to-five years of experience working with seniors and people with disabilities is required.
Successful candidates will have a knowledge and understanding of the social needs of seniors and people with disabilities. Understanding of Dementia and Alzheimer’s related care needs and techniques is required.
An Associates Degree is preferred; a High School Diploma is required.
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Utica, NY
How to Apply:
A hard copy of your resume, cover letter and compensation expectations may also be forwarded to: RCIL, P.O. Box 210, Utica, NY 13503-0210, Attention: Recruitment or firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of RCIL to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance or accommodations to fully participate in the interview process, please contact the HR Recruiter at 315-797-4642. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a person’s disability.
RCIL promotes a scent/chemical free environment. To support this effort, we ask that all applicants refrain from wearing scented products while in the office.
RCIL is an equal opportunity employer. All persons—including people with disabilities; elders; women; and people of racial and ethnic minority—are encouraged to apply.
It is RCIL’s policy and agency standard that all employees participate in advocacy for Civil Rights and Agency activities. Apply today to make a difference!